Saturday 13 September 2008

Knit FO: Rommel's scarf


Shen, don't mind if I use your white kitty as my model for the next few posts. I felt it was kinda lonely, sitting all alone in your room so I brought it over to mine for a visit/photo shoot.

So anyway, here is Rommel's scarf. Completed, washed, blocked and ends weaved in. I used 4 balls of Rowan Luxury Cotton DK (50g, 95m/104 yds, 50% cotton, 45%viscose, 5% silk) on 5mm straight needles that came as part of my Cath Kidston knitting bag set.

The pattern in a simple stockingnette basketweave. I casted on 45 stitches and did 6 rows of moss stitch as a border. Then:

Row 1: K5 then *p5, k5* until the end.
Row 2: P5 then "k5, p5* until the end.
Row 3: K5 then *p5, k5* until the end.
Row 4: P5 then "k5, p5* until the end.
Row 5: K5 then *p5, k5* until the end.
Row 6: P5 then "k5, p5* until the end.
Row 7: K5 then *p5, k5* until the end.
Row 8: P5 then "k5, p5* until the end.
Row 9: K5 then *p5, k5* until the end.
Row 10: P5 then "k5, p5* until the end.

These 10 rows were the basis of the pattern and I continued until it was about the right length. This is followed by another 6 rows of moss stitch border.


A great simple knit, it felt really nice after it was washed and blocked. Now all we have to do is go somewhere cooler for a holiday so that Rommel can wear it!

0 comments: