Sunday 15 March 2009

Knit FO: Basic crochet bolero No.2

How odd that I'm posting about Bolero No.2 before I even took any picture of Bolero No.1! But I wore No.1 to work on Friday and so it's now in the wash.

I made both No.1 and No.2 last month. Simple, easy and quick pick-me-up projects - a great boost since they are so easy and so quick to make. No.2 was made with smaller needles for a tighter gauge (and smaller size) and will be given to one of my younger cousins as a belated birthday present.


Yarn: Sublime cashmerino silk aran in duck egg blue.
Hook: Japanese hook size 7.
Notes: No.2 was made following the simple single crochet border pattern (the picture on the left in the book) whereas No.1 was made with the frilly border (picture on the right).

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Oh wow, it looks so cute and so small! :D Really looks like the picture!! Is this the one for Vanessa? Whoever it goes to, take pictures of them wearing it!!

Petrina said...

Yes this will go to Vanessa.... but I havent given it to her yet!

Tru said...

Is this a child's size? Could I get the pattern?

Petrina said...

Hi you can easily adjust the sizes by using thinner yarns and smaller crochet hooks. For this, I made it in a rather tight gauge which was good since my first version ended up being too loose after washing.

Sorry I can't read Japanese and so I dont know the title of this book but the ISBN no. is ISBN978-4-02-190430-1. It's the bolero on pages 24-27. Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Can you please send met the pattern for the bolero to: tkl@yebo.co.za
Ella - South Africa