Monday 12 January 2009

Piggin' out: Boon Boon Cafe, Taman Desa

Restaurant: Boon Boon Cafe
Address: 29A & 30A, Jalan Desa Jaya, Taman Desa 58100 KL (Next to Faber Towers)
Tel: 03 7987 5272
Cuisine: Casual local and western food
Highlight: The drinks and simple home-cooked food
Other reviews: Two superheroes, Decorateur

It's odd how I spend my time scouring the streets of KL and PJ hunting down "new places to eat" but yet do not bother with places just 2 minutes down the road from my house.

Just like this place, for instance. Boon Boon Cafe.


Boon Boon offers simple home-cooked favourites like the claypot loh shu fun I had.

Or the seafood and veg claypot combo served with white rice that Rommel had.


My other favourites here are the cornflakes fried chicken wings, the chicken chop and the sizzling chicken.
But what I enjoy here are the drinks. Think Kim Gary-type beverages - Iced Honey Lemon is my favourite. And at affordable prices too. And there's free wifi so you'll find people chilling with their laptops and a large glass of iced lemon tea/iced milk tea/iced almond tea or whatever... In fact, on days when I used to curse my streamyx connection (I've since moved on to Maxis broadband for less headaches), I'd head out to Boon Boon with my laptop and work from there.
* Apologies for the bad photos - dim lighting + crappy camera.

0 comments: