Thursday 8 January 2009

Piggin' Out: House of Sundanese Food, Suria KLCC

Restaurant: House of Sundanese Food
Address: 4.12, Level 4, Suria KLCC
Tel: 03 2166 2272
Website: *click here*
Other reviews: Tummy Thoughts

This is one of the few restaurants my mom and I like to dine in when we're in KLCC. It has been around for quite a number of years now and the food has consistently been good.

What we like here are:

Cumi-cumi Bakar - grilled squid that's marinated with a sweet dark sauce.

Ikan Nila Goreng - deep fried fish with chillies and onion in dark soy sauce. My mom's favourite dish, so crispy that I eat the bones too.


And we tried a new dish they recommended this time: Deep fried aubergines with eggs and ikan bilis. A surprising delight for us that it was really good but then I like aubergines, eggs and ikan bilis so in my books, you can't really go very wrong by combining them!


To fill up our meat requirement, we ordered the chicken rendang. This wasn't very good compared to the rest though. Nothing much to shout about.

All of this served with your choice of white rice or briyani rice or both.

0 comments: