Friday 6 June 2008

Knit update: Carousel poncho completed!

Amidst stressing for my exam, I managed to complete the Carousel poncho I started last week. I realize that I crochet much faster when stressed. In fact, I am even more determined to complete a project when stressed.

In any case, this was a super fast project because the pattern was so easy. I adapted it from the Rowan magazine No 37, pattern name Carousel. This was because as usual, I was not using the recommended yarn or the recommended hook size. I realized that I did not have to make as many increases as was called for in the pattern and also because I did not want the poncho to be too flared out. Now, it fits perfectly and is absolutely soft, warm and snug.

The original pattern had a different border which I didnt quite fancy so I changed it to a border pattern I found in my Japanese 300 Crochet Patterns book we got in Kinokuniya KLCC in December.

I am planning to wear this to London so hopefully there'll be more pictures of myself or Shen in it when we're there (and we can bring it to Barcelona too since the weather can get a bit chilly when we do that day trip to Montserrat!).



Details:
Yarns used: 2.5 skeins of Rowan RYC Cashsoft DK in Pink and 4 skeins of Sublime Yarns Cashmere Merino Silk Aran in Blue.
Comments: Really smooth yarns to work with, especially the Sublime one. Both are cashmere mix yarns so it's really warm and soft but the silk content in the Sublime gives the yarn its shine.

Shen, I have some leftover yarns so am planning to make a matching beanie or hat... what say you? I'm going to Singapore next week so it'll be a great mini project to work on while there!

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Beanie beanie! I think this'll look cute with a beanie!! ^_____^

Priscilla said...

Oh yeah, I cleaned up, redecorated (abit) and rearranged my room. Go see pics on my blog. Is it up to your standards? I vacuumed it as thoroughly as I could. Btw I accidentally spilled some soup on my sheepskin rug. Any tips on how to clean it? .___.