Sunday 15 June 2008

Knit update: Fr Albert's scarf

I was knitting while reading about projects by fellow knitters... Then felt like posting up some pictures after much procrastination over the weekend. (A very relaxing weekend I must say.. Started with a trip to my chiropractor yesterday morning. Next, had a nice facial at Leonard Drake Midvalley yesterday afternoon with mom before running some errands for her. Then had a massage at Bjorn this evening with Rommel. Ahhhhh....)

I also packed for our upcoming trip and cleared my closet and banished all my CFA books for now. Bliss..

Anyway, I have started on a scarf for Father Albert Tan, SJ... who will be leaving for Canada in August. 9-10 months there to complete his thesis. I've not told him about it yet but am trying to finish it as fast as I can so that he receives it before he leaves! (If I dont finish it before my trip, I'm not planning to take it with me, I've already planned and started on another small project to bring on the flight with me!)

I chose to use 3 strands of the Merino yarn I bought from Jet Sun (Sg Wang) on 8mm needles for a quick to knit and warm & chunky scarf. I tried different variations - 2 yarns (1 navy blue and 1 cream), then 3 yarns (1 navy blue, 1 grey and 1 cream) - but I didnt quite like the combinations somehow so I ended up with just the individual colours on their own... so there will be 3 chunks of colours, starting with the navy blue, then the grey in the middle and the cream and the end.


I've already wound up the 3 strands of grey but have yet to do the same for the cream...
P/S: The grey yarn is actually my Debbie Bliss Merino DK which I got in Shrewsbury ages ago...



And now.... a surprise I got today while clearing stuff in my room. I found these 2 very huge balls of yarn in one of the drawers!! To show just how huge they are, I placed my mobile phone on one of the balls to compare!! I bought them in September during a day trip to Shrewsbury (this was when we were back in London for a week). I can't believe I totally forgot about these! Anyway, I think I'll make a shawl with this. It's viscose-wool-acrylic mix so it's not the softest of yarns and I wont want to wear it. I have loads of shawl/afghan patterns in one of my crochet books which I've been meaning to try... Hmmm......


And Shen, you were asking about the i-cord thingamagic... here it is! I'm making and i-cord with the same yarn I used for your shawl so I might make a little chunky purse with it.. I dunno... Have yet to decide. But would it work as an obijime?


Ta... It's midnight. Sleep now...

Oh ya... it's Father's Day today.. But Pa's been busy... he played golf in the morning, rested and prepared for worship in the afternoon and had RCIA then Aunty Amy Kuan's mother's wake in the night.. Shen and Fat... Did you remember to wish Pa?

1 comments:

Priscilla said...

Oooooh I like the obijime-like one!! Yeah, if I remember correctly, I think its thickness is alright to be used as an obijime. The scarf for Fr. Albert looks really nice! The colours look good, especially.

About Father's Day... Hahaha, I actually didn't know it was Father's Day. Not until Pa called me, at least. x_x whoopsie.