Sunday 6 April 2008

Restaurant review: The Daily Grind, Bangsar Village

Restaurant: The Daily Grind
Place: Bangsar Village (it took over the Vietnamese restaurant opposite the organic shop)


I've been wanting to try this place out for ages and finally, a couple of weeks ago, we did.

Verdict: Yummy, great burgers, exceptionally good ketchup (and I usually dislike ketchup). Will go back for more!


First up, my mom's mushroom soup, served with garlic bread. Mom said it's much creamier than mine but nice too.



Next, Rommel's Japanese Yodel Burger.
Description from the menu: A fondue sauce, porcini mushroom & portobello tempura.



Next, my dad's Classic Cheese Burger. Description: Two thick slices of cheddar, homemade ketchup, mustard mix, toasted bun.


And finally, my foie gras burger. Description: Diced foie gras-filled beef patty with onions, cranberry jam and balsamic palm sugar glaze. YUMMMMM...




Note: The Daily Grind also serves 2 types of veg burgers. I've made it a point to hunt for more places which have a decent vegetarian selection since my colleague Sunaina is one. The only place that we've previously found to have veg burgers was Hard Rock Cafe.

2 comments:

Julian Si said...

Thanks for sharing the Daily Grind review, slurp ... I must go!

Didn't realise you had added me as a Foodie link on your blog :-) Many thanks!!

Juliansi.blogspot.com

Petrina said...

Hi Julian,

Many thanks for visiting!
And yes I enjoy reading your blog too... :)

Cheers.