Friday 18 April 2008

Knit update: I'm back in the game!

After a long hiatus, I've picked up my crochet hook again and completed a project last night.


It started over the weekend... in the car on the way to Damai Laut in Lumut to be exact. I had ripped out my nice fuzzy and oversized hat and wanted to make a shawl out of the yarn. Of course, with only 3 balls on the uber-soft alpaca yarn, a shawl I could not make. I tried incorporating some of my Rowan Biggy yarn but I didn't like the feeling of it rubbing against my cheeks so I ripped everything out again and started over.

So I decided to make a skinny scarf. But less than halfway through, I was already running out of yarn. This was where I was last night. Sitting in front of the telly watching the results show for American Idol, I stitched up the edges of the scarf to make a nice small bag, crocheted the handles and braided some leftover yarn to make string.

Ta-dah! One bag done. I still have a little bit of yarn left so I might just make a mobile phone cover as well. A mini project for tonight perhaps?

0 comments: