Thursday 4 February 2010

Knit FO: Cherry leaf shawl

Finally the internet gods have allowed me to post some pictures! (It's been soooo slow of late that I've tried various times and the connection was just too slow.)

Anyway, here is my Cherry shawl, named after the pattern in the Victorian Lace Today - Shoulder shawl in cherry leaf pattern. As usual, I didn't knit the border as I thought it was nice enough as it is.

The pattern itself was pretty easy to memorise after a while and the yarn is super soft cashmere lace from the Plucky Knitter. I've worn it out to a friend's wedding (the picture below was taken that night after the wedding dinner), and I brought it along to London where it was very well used to keep out the cold winter winds!



Details:
Ravelry link: here
Pattern: Shoulder shawl in cherry leaf pattern by Jane Sowerby
Book: Victorian Lace Today
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter Cashmere Handpainted Laceweight in Francie Stevens colourway.
Needles: 5mm circulars

0 comments: