Thursday 8 January 2009

Piggin' Out: La Lot, Pavilion

Restaurant: La Lot,
Address: Lot 6.36, Level 6, Pavilion KL
Tel: 03 2148 4231
Cuisine: Vietnamese
Other reviews: thestar article, andreacsp, epicuriousgirl, lifeofcontinues

Finally tried La Lot after months of saying, "We should try this place out." My dad is always game for Vietnamese food (unlike Thai food where we practically have to force him through the entrance of any Thai restaurant. He's just not a fan of Thai food outside of Thailand - that's another story altogether.)

The most interesting dish was the durian chicken wings. Looks like simple grilled wings but you get a faint hint of the durian smell when it's served. When you bite through it, again the durian taste is very subtle but surprisingly it tastes really good.


We also had the mixed platter appetisers. Deep fried prawn rolls, beef skewers and sorry I cant remember what else.

This is my favourite dish to order in Sao Nam - the grilled lemongrass chicken noodle salad. So naturally, I had to order to be able to compare that and the one here in La Lot.
I'll say that the vegetables were perhaps rather tired looking, unlike in Sao Nam where the veg are nice and crunchy. Taste-wise, I prefer the one in Sao Nam.


Shen ordered the beef stew with rice. The sauce was a bit too salty.


Fatteh ordered the ubiquitous pho bo (beef noodle soup). Pretty good stock and the quality of beef was not too bad too. Pretty much how we'd expect pho to be.
Overall, nothing really impressive. The only dish we'd really come back for is the durian chicken wings.
I have a sudden craving for good pho bo at Pho 2000 in Ho Chi Minh City. Sigh...

2 comments:

Visu said...

Hai there,
I really like your
review, on behave of bestfoodjunction.com, we have the above review posted
on http://my.bestfoodjunction.com/la-lot-vietnamese-cuisine/ let me know what do you think~

email: bfjteam@bestfoodjunction.com

Petrina said...

Hi thank you very much for visiting and for linking me to your site!