Monday 29 December 2008

Knit update: Juniper Syrian Shawl

I've finally managed to snap some pictures of my current WIP -the Juniper Syrian Shawl. I took it along for our little stay at the KL Hilton on Boxing Day.



Don't you just loved the colour of the yarn!? These pictures actually do not do the colour any justice at all.

Yarn: Artesano Inca Mist, 100% Baby Alpaca, Colour - Juniper, No. 8126.
Needles: Clover Takumi Bamboo 100mm Circulars, Size - 4mm.

Pattern: Shoulder shawl in Syrian pattern, Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby. A really easy, mindless knit.
Modifications: None so far but I most probably am not doing the borders because (a) I can't be bothered to and (b) I think it looks simple and nice as it is. Also, I purposely made the shawl with 4mm needles instead of larger ones so that it's slightly thicker compared to the one in the book.

Progress: On my 4th ball now, 2 more to go although judging from its current size, I may not need to use the 6th ball of yarn.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm from SA where we knit a lot. Unfortunately, I can not find any wool, needles, etc in Malaysia. Can you please tell me where you find your materials from. Regards, Madeleine

mad4jt said...

Where in Malaysia do I buy yarns? Help... I'm a knitter in distress!

Petrina said...

Hi Madeleine and mad4jt,

There are a few LYSs around the Klang Valley.

The most convenient for me are 2 stores in Sg Wang Plaza along Jalan Bukit Bintang - they are called Jet Sun Enterprise and Lily Handicraft.

I usually go to Jet Sun because their prices are cheaper and they're friendly.

Are you on Ravelry? We have a Malaysian knitters group there and we have a list of shops you can check out.

Other than that, I think we Malaysian knitters tend to buy online most of the time.

Hope this helps!

Petrina

Cotton House Store said...

Hi Petrina,

For knitting yarns, crochet/knitting accessories you can visit this online shop www.cottonhousestore.com