Saturday 27 December 2008

Christmas baking - cupcakes for charity!

This Christmas, our church decided to have a little party after the Christmas Eve midnight mass, i.e. around 1am. This was meant for Catholics who perhaps are the only ones in their family who converted or for those who are alone this Christmas or for migrant workers who are unable to go home this Christmas.

The SFX Charismatic team came up with this idea and a few more church groups joined in to contribute the food and drinks. My sis and I were enlisted to contribute cupcakes (perhaps that's the only thing we're good at making!). So I took the day off on Christmas Eve and spent quality time with my sister Shen and neighbour Alison, baking the afternoon away.

Here's what we came up with at the end of it all. Vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with butter icing.

And here are my two partners in crime: Alison, whose chief responsibility was the decoration of the cupcakes and Shen - who was in charge of mixing up the batter and icing. I am addicted to piping bags and so I was in charge of piping the cupcake mixture into the cups (with help from Alison) and piping the icing onto the cupcakes.


At least the cupcakes looked pretty presentable when we'd set it all up in church! We used my cupcake stands that I bought from the Pavilion shop at The Gardens. Aren't they cute??


We left some cupcakes icing-free for some people who don't like their cupcakes too sweet.

Sorry Fatteh, I had to put this picture of you carrying Ma's bag! Hahaha...

The crowd...



And the rest of the foodies on offer...

Candy canes...

Turkey and roast lamb...
Some sort of ham and cheese thingy...

Minced pies...Chicken pie - which was really good! And would have been better if it was warm.

Durian puffs...
Cocktail sausages...



Merry Christmas!

* yes I know that this is my 3rd post today but I've not had time to blog for the past few days despite having so many things happening all at once. More to come as well although I'm leaving it for another day. Need to rest because it's Kar Wei's wedding tonight and I need to rush to the Palace of the Golden Horses with Ma, Shen and Evelyn to help with the decorations. Then, we need to rush home to shower and get ready for the wedding itself.

Coming up...
-Christmas Day lok-lok at Uncle James' house.
-Dinner at Iketeru, KL Hilton. (includes pictures of myself and Shen in yukata and kimono for the dinner)
-Knit update- Juniper syrian shawl WIP pictures and Geometric shawl FO pics
-Christmas carolling at home
-Christmas Eve dinner - fish head curry and salt-baked chicken!
-Review - Puchong Ocean Ship Seafood Restaurant

0 comments: