Thursday 23 April 2009

Knit FO: Rose shawl

For my godbrother Sunny's wedding dinner, I bought this black tube dress with red roses from Coast (30% off!). I didn't want to wear it just on its own and so decided to crochet a shawl to match it. And the end result was... the Rose shawl.

Here I am that night, in my ensemble, with godsister Carolyn. My outfit also included our Louis Vuitton bangles (2 red, 1 black and 1 clear) and a rose choker I found in Mom's room.

Details:
Pattern: From one of my Japanese crocheted shawls books.
Yarn: Katia Sevilla, from Jet Sun in Sg Wang Plaza.
Crochet hook: Japanese size 9

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Normally, I'm not too fond of these really shiny yarn as shawls, but with this dress, it really works! :D Lemme wear it!!

Petrina said...

Well, I wasn't sure either at first but the aunty at Jet Sun said it'll look nice so I bought it.

Priscilla said...

It does look nice :) Really really pretty against that dress!!

Btw, I'm not asleep yet cos my skin's feeling itchy cos I forgot to put on moisturizer after going out today. Omg, I got bruises on my arms from rubbing in the body butter! Bruises!!!

Anonymous said...

hey are u willing to sell ur shawls and if so how much my email is joker54118@hotmail.com

Petrina said...

Hi anonymous,

Thanks but my biggest issue right now is finding time to make these shawls! Will definitely inform you if I decide to sell my shawls. Thanks again!