Wednesday 15 July 2009

Knit FO: Sunaina's baby blanket

Secret project revealed!

I made this baby blanket earlier this year when I found out my colleague and friend Sunaina was going to have a baby. I've been keeping it as a secret for the past few months and can finally blog about it after giving it to her this weekend at her baby shower.

When I was deciding on the pattern, we had not yet ascertained the sex of the baby and so I wanted to keep it unisex. I also prefer simple and unfussy patterns for baby blankets so that it doesn't, in any way, irritate the baby.

I ended up deciding to do a simple reversible checkerboard pattern. Really simple and a pleasure to knit.



Yarny details:
Pattern - simple reversible checkerboard.
Yarn - Peru Naturtex Partners Pakucho Organic Cotton in cream, bought from JBW. 5 skeins used.
Ravelry post: here

Here's a pic of the two baby blankies I've made this year..

0 comments: