Tuesday 29 April 2008

Climate Change Week

Just back from the Malaysian premiere of The 11th Hour, a film about global warming produced and narrated by Leonardo Dicaprio.

Climate Change Week 2008 in Malaysia has been organised by YTL Corp, and so my mom got some invites to attend this premiere. *click here for details on Climate Change Week*

Incidentally, Rommel and I watched Al Gore's The Inconvenient Truth over the weekend, which I feel made The 11th Hour more meaningful. The main difference was that Al Gore's presentation had a lot more facts, more data and charts... something I am very much used to, being a research analyst.

But both films complement each other as The 11th Hour was more pictorial and had a lot of quotes from various scientists and activists. I would recommend watching The Inconvenient Truth first then The 11th Hour as the story flows better that way.

At the end of it, I have to ask myself... What do I get from all this? What is the point of watching all these films, commending these people for their efforts, and then going back to my same wasteful, highly energy inefficient life.

That's what I need to sleep on tonight. Ta... It's midnight here. Work tmrw..

0 comments: