Friday 20 March 2009

A time for prayer

I've been following the news on Natasha Richardson's fall and subsequent passing. My condolences go out to her family as they go through this difficult and painful time. And this has brought back memories of what happened to my mother two years ago.

My mom had a bad fall in October 2007. This resulted in a blood clot in her head which was only found during an MRI scan 3 weeks later. She had travelled to Singapore for meetings during those 3 weeks and was also on chinese herbal medication to improve her blood circulation. We will never know if any of these reasons had caused the blood clot or if they made it worse but doctors have told us that these are possible explanations since there didn't seem to be any indication of a clot earlier. She had emergency brain surgery on the day that they found it. Thankfully, in my mom's case, she has recovered and is pretty much back to her old self.

1 comments:

Priscilla said...

*nods* Yeah I'm glad Ma is okay! I was talking to Mel about it a few months ago, and she said that a bleed in the brain is about the same as a stroke! Scary....