Sunday 11 May 2008

Beef steak sandwich - the pics

Okay I think the pictures don't really do the sandwiches much justice. They were really yummy! Although, Pa and Rommel both thought that we shd've bought better beef... Hey how was I supposed to know the beef wasn't going to turn out nice!? It was some new brand we were trying from Cold Storage at BSC.

So anyway, I was supposed to make them for our breakfast but when I got downstairs, my dad was already happily chomping on one while watching golf. Since Evelyn had already started making it, I figured let her make the sandwiches for all of us. Pa somehow never likes the panini maker so he insisted on his ciabatta being toasted on the pan.. I asked for the same since Evelyn'd already had the pan on the stove and all..

I must say the sliced cheddar from President was really good. Rommel added 2 more slices of it into his sandwich..



While waiting for my breakfast, I make some pies.. Diced strawberries and apples, mixed with some brown sugar and sandwiched between 2 squares of puff pastry. I got the recipe from one of the BBC Good Food magazines but everyone found the fillings a bit too sour. Back to the drawing board...


For Sunday supper, we had simple pasta with ragu sauce (tomato-based pasta sauce with minced beef, diced carrots, celery and onions.

While Evelyn was cooking, I made blueberry muffins for tomorrow's breakfast...

Ta!

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Can you post the recipe for the strawberry and apple tartlets please? Oh! For the fillings, try adding honey into it. Experiment with a tablespoon or ten, see how you like it :) I find that honey naturally offsets the sourness of any fruit, and is much better than sugar for that purpose! :P I'll admit that I regularly eat fruits dipped in honey when I can't be bothered to cook a proper lunch, or when I want some supper. Chopped strawberries are the best, but sometimes, I chop a banana, sprinkle them with sugar and drizzle them with honey and add half a teaspoon of butter and microwave the whole lot. The first time I did it, it turned out like pulut without the santan! Yummm....

Priscilla said...

I forgot to add that the food looked good. LOL. By the way, I bought a jar of piccalili from Harrod's because my favourite bagel from Waitrose has it spread on the bread and it tastes really good! It's more meant for cold sandwiches, though, so I don't know if you lot will like it... Have you eaten it before? It's kinda yellowish, looks more poisonous than mustard and has tiny pieces and slices pickled veggies in it.