Friday 21 December 2007

Jimmy Beans Wool

I have just added Jimmy Beans Wool to my "Usual Haunts" list.

http://jimmybeanswool.com/

I read an article about this website in CNN Money - about how the founders came up with the idea and stuff - so decided to check it out! They basically sell yarn and other knitting stuff online so it's great to window shop and see what types of yarn are there in the market. They also list down knitting books that are most popular, newest etc.. And they provide some free patterns that are not too bad. Nice website to check out once in a while..

I've been itching to buy stuff from there but they dont say how much the shipping will cost as they'll have to send it all the way to Malaysia. Perhaps it'll be cheaper for me to just get my sister to buy from John Lewis in London. But yea, I've been resisting the temptation to buy more yarn since I have 3 drawers full of nothing but yarn in my room! The funny thing is, I've bought some of the yarn on impulse and now I have no idea what to do with them!

For example: There is this one rather ugly, cheapo yarn (greenish and greyish in colour) I got at the shop in Shrewsbury - I think it was 50p per ball. My sis and I just thought, "Oh that's cheap.. But what can I make out of it? Ah well, let's just buy first and figure it out later.." It's been more than 2 years now and I still havent a clue what I should do with the yarn!!

An update on my lilac top project: I've completed parts A and B, as per the instructions of the lady at Lily Handicraft. I'm tempted to move on to part C but Im not sure if this is where we change from the 3.5mm needles to the 3.25mm ones.. I cant read the Japanese instructions and the diagrams are of not much help at the moment. So, I've brought my stuff to work and will be heading to the shop after work to get instructions. I'll be away in Singapore next week so I wont be able to go back to the shop then.

Oh yes, I cant wait to go to Singapore actually.. I found this haberdashery shop in Tanglin Mall during my last trip to SG in August and I definitely will be visiting there this time... Problem is I havent used to yarn I bought during the last round so Im not sure if I should buy more... :P

0 comments: