Thursday 5 February 2009

Quickie Lunch at Santerri Cottage, Pavilion

Busy at work but I just wanted to take a short break from trying to understand an inherited model.

When I have no lunch plans or just feel like chilling on my own during lunchtime, one of the places I like to frequent is Santerri Cottage in Pavilion KL. It's the cafe inside the Times bookstore on Level 6.

Why do I think this is an ideal lunch spot?

- It's quiet, i.e. perfect for time to myself or to have a nice chat with some friends.

- Also great for reading since not many distractions. You're allowed to take books and magazines from anywhere in the store and read them (although I usually end up buying them anyway. Like today, I bought the latest issue of Interweave Knits and Knit Simple. I wasn't planning to buy them because I find barely any relevance between the tropical Malaysian weather and the Winter issues. But, as I browsed through the books, I found some patterns that I liked and justified my purchase by the fact that I have not done much knitting-related shopping for a while now.

- The food is simple and nice. Just sandwiches and salads with a decent selection of coffees and teas. Price-wise, my lunch set of a sandwich, some coleslaw salad and a cup of English Breakfast tea cost Rm13.90. Not bad considering you're paying for airconditioning and free reading materials from an entire bookstore.

For pictures and an article about Santerri in the Star, click here.

0 comments: