Thursday 26 February 2009

And so, the season of Lent begins

Lent is a time for reflection and prayer, a time to think about life, about family and about God.

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, which marks the start of the 40 days of Lent. We of course went for Mass although I was 10mins late (held up at work and was caught in traffic after the evening downpour. (Shen, did you go?)

I was reading some discussions on Ravelry about giving up buying yarn for Lent (the whole discussion here), and was wondering, what should I give up for Lent? I've been trying to stick to my yarn diet since last month and only broke it once last week. Yes, I'll stick to my yarn diet.

Some people also said that they'll be knitting for charity. I wonder what practical projects can I knit for charity in Malaysia. Hmmm...

Anyway, I'm getting hungry so time to get out of the office and look for food. Been having stomach upset for the past week and havent been eating all that well. Hopefully I lose some weight with this.

Oh yea, Shen, I've been almost vegetarian these few days. Dont know why. Wasn't a conscious effort to do it. Maybe it's cos I'm not feeling well so didn't feel like eating meat. Plus it's Lent... Hmmm...

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Piggeehhhhhhh

Nope I didn't go for Mass ><""" I had a presentation today, and I was in school practicing. My group and I practiced the presentation for 4 hours, and when I got home, I had to keep practicing, and adjusting the final report. I ended up sleeping at 5am D:

Oooooh join me in unintentional vegetarianism! I think it might be that you've been having an overload of meat building up over time, and your body is craving for veggies, so you subconciously make decisions to eat veggies instead. At least, that's what usually happens to me! Sometimes I feel like I'm eating like a rabbit cos I'd eat carrot sticks and salad for lunch with grapes and milk :P

I haven't decided on what I'm going to give up for Lent. I was thinking that going on a kimono diet isn't really giving up all that much cos I've been doing it lately as a normal thing. I thought about not eating meat, but that would mean an expensive lifestyle (no canned food = fresh food = expensive) so that idea went out the window. Maybe I should give up desserts like ice cream, cakes and cookies? I would add in sweets, but I've already eaten a chocolate bar today ._. That, and I don't think anyone would survive my moodswings if I don't have my cherry liquers :P

I dunno but I think I'm still losing weight. One month ago, the bra I'm wearing today was tight. Today, it's a little snug, but not so tight. OH and when Ma and I went to Hong Kong two summers ago, I bought this pair of trousers that were fitting. I tried putting them on, and they were so loose they were nearly falling off me! Yay!

Priscilla said...

I forgot to add that all that practicing for my presentation was worth all the effort! The lecturer said that before I started my part, he saw my face and went "Oh shit, I think she'll crumble!" but when it came to my turn to talk, I was confident and everything went smoothly :D Yay! I'm getting better at presentations!