Wednesday 13 May 2009

Piggin' In: Lok-lok at home

For our post-Easter celebrations with the RCIA team, we decided to have a lok-lok (literally translated as dip-dip) party at our home. We had our first lok-lok party experience in my Uncle James' house in Setia Alam during Christmas and thought it was a fun idea!

The lok-lok van arrived at around 6.30pm, as scheduled and the guy quickly set everything up. Look at all the stuff we had!


We also ordered barbecued and deep fried stuff as extras... I must admit I'm actually not a big fan of lok-lok, I dont know why, maybe it's because I've never been a fan of fishballs. So, all the fried stuff was great! (not great for my diet though)

We welcomed the newly-baptised with a carrot cake made by godbrother Calvin...


Just in case the lok-lok wasn't filling or was insufficient, we ordered slabs of siew yoke which I'd blogged about yesterday.... 5kgs worth of it. I was put in charge of chopping them up..


We also had fruits to serve for dessert and in case anyone needed their carbo portions, Rommel and I bought charsiu wantan mee from the DDP food court.

I also brought out my bubble machine and the kids had fun with it...

And finally, I leave you with a picture of cute little Gabrielle....

4 comments:

Annie said...

It is a great idea to have lok-lok at home!! With BBQ? Can give me the contact person and hp no#? The charsiu wantan mee looks so delicious!!

Petrina said...

Hehe okay okay I will need to get it from my mom or my cousin... :) Will let you know soon!

Petrina said...

Hi Annie!

Fat One Lok Lok.
Okay the number is 016 203 3982. Ask for Mr Choo.

:) Cheers,
Pet

Annie said...

Thanks Petrina!! will get him to the house one day!!