Thursday 27 November 2008

What a week

So much has happened in the past couple of days. I went to Singapore for training on Tuesday, came back and whooosh... there's been some major changes all across the company.

Yes these are tough times indeed but all I need to do now is work hard and smart, lay low and pray. (Daddy's orders - he called from Guangzhou last night to tell me)

But looking at the brighter side, I'm almost done with my report, just letting it get through to the top and hopefully it comes out soon. I'm already starting on my next project.

Also, I have a nice little trip to look forward to. Am off to Pangkor Laut tomorrow with Mom to attend a friend's wedding. All I need to do is pack and decide my wardrobe. Have already bought a matching top-and-bag combo from Emilio Pucci for the trip (on sale, great bargain!). Hopefully, I'll get to chill by the beach for the next 3 days and catch up on sleep and do some knitting.

Speaking of knitting, I've barely had time to do much of it these few weeks. But I was adamant on finishing my Snow White shawl in time for the wedding so I did squeeze in some time for it. Almost done now and I'm hoping to complete it on the drive to Lumut tomorrow. Yes I wont be able to get it blocked in time but what the heck.

One joy I found in the midst of all this was a package I received from Cucumberpatch. I've been wanting to try them out for a while now but was trying to be disciplined. Due to a very stressful week last week, I succumbed to temptation and started clicking away at a variety of yarn. Damage: 25 skeins of yarn for less than GBP75!! And shipping was only GBP3.5o. Talk about a bargain. And the best part... despite the low shipping rates, my order arrived on Monday, 6 days after I paid!!

I bought 20 skeins of Jaeger Extra Fine Merino DK (10 cream and 10 salmon pink), and 6 skeins of Artesano Inca Mist in Juniper. Of course, every time I buy yarn, I am swimming in ideas for those yarns. Am getting dizzy just thinking about options! And on top of this, I previously bought the same Jaeger yarn in Singapore in a nice mossy green so I can actually make a blanket out of all 30 skeins (suggestions suggestions!)

That's all for now. Ta...

0 comments: