Monday 17 November 2008

Monday Blues

I'm feeling it. It's Sunday night (or technically, Monday morning already since it's past midnight). I know I should be asleep now but we had a late dinner at CWZJ Tea House. Met the parents there since they came from RCIA class and Rommel and I came from the Gardens where we watched the new Bond movie.

About the movie, not too bad la. Was never a Bond fan and am not an action movie buff either but I didn't fall asleep throughout the movie so that's something.

About dinner, it's as always, simple but satisfying meal of steamed fish, tofu, veg and steamed minced pork with salted fish. We're going there again on Thursday for hairy crab. And we were just there 2 weeks ago, also for hairy crab.

So, I'm full now and have trouble sleeping. Maybe it's copious amounts of Chinese tea that we had.

Am trying to mentally prepare myself for work tomorrow. Making mental lists of things I need to get done, people I need to call, data I need to collate for my report....

And Shen, yes I've read your post about your annoying coursemate. Like I already told you the other day, you'll need to get together with your other groupmates and there should be a way for you to make a formal complaint about the one who's not doing the work. Worklife is like that as well. But then you need to make sure that your lecturers (in my case the bosses) know what work you contributed. And I always definitely complain when someone does not do the work they're supposed to do. After all, we're all being paid to do our jobs and so when someone doesn't do their part, why should anyone cover up for them?

Knit-wise, not much has been happening. I'm supposed to finish my white shawl for TC's wedding next weekend (which I recently started but have yet to blog about). Only managed to do some today while having drinks with Rommel's friends.

Which reminds me, yesterday was super busy day. I managed to get a good night's sleep and woke up ard 11am on Saturday morning. Rushed to get ready cos the driver was picking me up at 11.45am before heading to Ma's office to pick her and Grace up (they had to go to office for something). We attended a client's wedding at Carcosa Seri Negara. A small but very cosy affair.. simple French cuisine that was done impeccably.

Came home to rest a bit before heading to Aunty Regina and Uncle Wai Keong's housewarming party. They've finally moved in to their new place in the Mines. Nice place, all modern deco etc etc etc. Food was catered from our regular caterer, Le Oriental. And we had a special treat - siew yoke from that Uncle who sells it in Happy Garden. Shen do you remember him? Pa's schoolmate from Rawang.... *yum* I still think his siew yoke is the best best best in the whole wide world!

We had to leave early to head on to a client's birthday party. Free-flow champagne, pan seared foie gras, super tender beef and an assortment of cocktails. Enough said. Rommel spent quite a lot of time in front of the foie gras table. I think the foie gras was a really big hit. Another client who was there (I'm not mentioning names) had maybe 4 or 5 servings of foie gras.

Siew yoke and foie gras in one night. Oooohhh.... Killer.

1 comments:

Priscilla said...

Ooooh I feel my arteries clogging up just thinking about it! *drools* I waaaaaaaant...