Thursday 3 July 2008

London, Barcelona, Lourdes and now home

It's been a great 2 weeks..

Flew to London from KL on 19 June.
2 nights in sister's flat at St Katharine Docks.
Borough mkt pigging out for 2 days in a row.

Flew to Barcelona on a 7am flight on 22 June and stayed for 3 nights.Did a day trip to Montserrat, a wine tasting trip and a visit to the beach resort Sitges.

2 more nights in London. Shop shop shop eat eat eat.

Flew to Lourdes on an evening flight on 27 June. Another 3 nights. This was a pilgrimage so we did processions, the Way of the Cross, the Jubilee Walk, masses and of course just soaked up the good French atmosphere. Not to forget the good simple French food the hotel served us.

Am tired, down with food poisoning (we think it's the steamboat we had last night), and dreading going back to work. :(

Oh and yes... one super duper consolation, I bought loads of yarn. Like as in my mom kept commenting that I didn't buy enough clothes and shoes. That's cos I was saving luggage space for yarn. I visited the London yarn shops I wanted to: from IKnit in Waterloo to Loop in Islington and All The Fun of the Fair in Kingly Court and Liberty and John Lewis. It just great luck that Liberty and John Lewis were having their sales then so I got great Rowan yarns at half price!! I even visited Personnes Llanes in Barcelona but it was closed on the 2 times I went to have a look. :(

Anyway, pics to follow. Soon....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... just can't wait to see your pictures...