Tuesday 27 October 2009

Senior Citizens Luau 2009

My mom volunteered my sister and I to bake cupcakes for this year's Senior Citizens Luau. What we didn't was that there were going to be more than 300 people at the event. By the time we found out, we'd already committed anyway so away we went...

The event was on a Friday night so we had to bake everything on Thursday night. I rushed back from work early and between 6.30pm to about 12.30am, we baked 420 cupcakes. I was back in the office at 7am the next morning and rushed home at lunchtime to decorate the cupcakes before rushing off for a meeting that evening. Talk about madness!! It didn't help that the announcement of the privatisation of one of my companies came at that time. Sigh...


So anyway, here are the cupcakes before we started decorating.


A shot of the decorated cupcakes.


Here I am with Rose, our new Cambodian maid. She's spreading the icing onto the cupcakes while I decorate with the sugar flowers.


We stored and transported the cupcakes to church with these boxes from Bake with Yen.


And here they are ready to be distributed in church. I decided to use these paper flower cases as a base as it ties in with the Hawaiian theme.

Are we ready to go professional? I don't know...

2 comments:

Eliana said...

Def, you should go for it! I love your cupcakes... looks so yummie. Great work, very pro!

Petrina said...

Thank you very much Eliana!! :D Hmmm perhaps I really should consider making some money out of this!