Monday 29 June 2009

Can't wait to head out....

... and chill by the beach.

2 more days of having to go through work. Unfortunately, it's 2 more days of a LOT of work to get done.

I know I shouldn't complain.
I know that I should just go ahead and get everything done.
I know that I should be grateful I have a decent paying job.

BUT.....

sometimes it gets to me.... the pressure, the deadlines, the urgency, having someone breathing down your neck all the time, no space of your own.

Then there are those days when all you want to do is dig a hole and stick your head into it like how ostriches do.

Today felt like one of those days.

And so my sister and I made mushroom pate tarts as a post-dinner snack. It sounds like we did a lot but in reality the whole thing took less than 15 mins - 5 mins to prepare and 10 mins baking in the oven. Ready made pastry cases from Bake With Yen topped with delectable mushroom pate all the way from Borough Market in London.

Hey we HAD to eat it. It expires today. Grandma taught us not to waste food.

And so, I'm feeling a little bit better now. Off to bed!

0 comments: