Thursday 30 October 2008

Piggin' Out: Brinchang pasar malam

After our lunch feast at Restoran Tringkap and afternoon tea in T-Cafe, we headed to the Brinchang pasar malam (night market) to "browse" and see what produce we could buy.

So much choice...

My favourite was this tarts and muffins stall. Don't they look just delectable!? This is just a stall that they have at the pasar malam and there's a proper shop called Great Taste. It's in the same building as Hotel Titiwangsa, just at the end of Brinchang before heading off to Tanah Rata. I didnt buy any though as we thought we'd stop over on Monday morning before heading home but we all forgot. This will be a must try for me on our next trip!


Loads of stalls selling strawberries. Which reminds me, I have 3 cartons of strawberries in the fridge I need to finish...



Strawberry ice, anyone? Apparently, how they make it is by diluting strawberry jam with water, stuffing that into plastic tubes and freeze. Tastes good anyway!

And of course, homemade strawberry jam...

Who can forget the Cameron Highlands teas? We bought quite a variety...


Steamed lentils. Really old school.


Fried mushrooms stalls were everywhere. We decided to buy from this little girl..

And here is Andrew trying out one of the mushrooms.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Oooooh pictures!!!! *looks at burger in dissatisfaction* Nothing here will ever compare to the food at home!! Except maybe Borough Market... :P

Oh yea, do you think Ma will mind if I went to watch a ballet at the Royal Opera House? >.> The tickets are quite expensive.... I wanna watch The Nutcracker! Or the opera version of Hansel and Gretel. Mwee!

petrina said...

Camerone Highlands! The pasar malam looks fab- I haven't been in ages!!